What Are Continuous Geared Door Hinges?
Continuous geared door hinges comprise two symmetrical feared leaves that, unlike other hinges, run the entire length of the door. These leaves feature a cap covering the length of the hinge under which the gear teeth run, protecting them from exterior damage and allowing for smooth motion.
Because they run the full length of the door with multiple fasteners across the length, continuous geared door hinges disperse the door’s weight across the entire hinge, allowing for greater support with minimal sagging, warping or jamming.
Rockwell Security carries two different varieties of continuous geared door hinges that offer similar functions with different points of attachment:
- Full surface: Full surface hinges are an ideal solution for renovation and retrofitting projects. Crews can fasten full surface hinges directly on exposed door or frame faces without significant infrastructural change, allowing the hinge and latch-side gaps to stay the same.
- Full mortise: Because they are fastened in a way that conceals both hinge leaves, full mortise hinges are best for new door installations. This installation process covers the existing hinge preps and butt hinge cutouts.
Why Choose Rockwell for Continuous Geared Door Hinges?
At Rockwell Security, our commercial door hinges are designed to last long and look sharp. Work with us to benefit from:
- Quality: Made with the finest materials like aluminum alloy, our continuous geared hinges are strong enough to hold a door’s weight evenly along the entire length — preventing sag and ensuring smooth operation for years.
- Reliability: These hinges are designed for durability and longevity in any high-traffic public setting. For peace of mind, we offer a 10-year warranty.
- Versatility: Our continuous geared hinges come in finishes that will complement any setting, making them an excellent design choice in any business that offers both aesthetic appeal and structural integrity.
- Safety: Fire safety is a primary concern for many building owners. We’ve designed these hinges to meet a 90-minute fire rating, allowing for safe evacuation in the event of an emergency.
Contact Rockwell Security to Learn More
When it comes to door hinges, quality design and careful craftsmanship make all the difference. When you choose continuous geared hinges from Rockwell Security, you’ll benefit from our decades of experience in crafting functional, eye-catching door hardware for commercial and residential properties.
For more information on our products and rates, contact us today.