Our Sliding Door Rollers
Rockwell Security carries various sliding door rollers to match different doors:
- Huskey heavy-duty adjustable tandem roller: Built for heavier doors up to 1000 pounds with two rollers in use, this model’s components are constructed with durable stainless steel. Find the Huskey roller in 0.88 or 1.161-inch housing.
- Rockwell 5104 adjustable tandem roller: Composed of steel with a zinc dichromate finish, standard-bearing wheels and heavy gauge steel housing, this model will hold up to 125 pounds. It exceeds AAMA 906-96 requirements for cycle life and load capacity.
- Precision bearing 1 3/16-inch wheel commercial adjustable roller: This stainless steel model handles loads up to 250 pounds and exceeds AAMA 909-96 cycle life and load capacity requirements. It features a 0.77-inch adjustable height range.
Choosing the Right Sliding Door Roller
To ensure proper functionality, it’s important to outfit a sliding glass door with the appropriate roller. Follow these steps to determine the right roller for a sliding door:
- Remove the door.
- Unscrew and dislodge the current roller.
- Take some pictures for reference.
- Measure the dimensions fo the current roller.
- Analyze the wheel to determine if it is metal or nylon.
- Compare the current specs with our sliding door roller models.
Installing a Sliding Door Roller
Our products make installation fast and easy. The most difficult step is removing the sliding door from the frame. Be careful to remove the door steadily without forcing the panel from the frame. With the door removed, here is how to change rollers on a sliding door:
- Loosen the roller screw: Find the screws that hold the roller in place and undo them. For newer doors, the roller screw may be on the bottom of the door itself. Be sure to keep the removed screws in a safe place.
- Remove rollers: To remove the rollers, gently pull them from the door. Be sure to remove the sliding door rollers from both the top and bottom. If you haven’t already done so, this is a good time to follow the above steps to determine the right type of roller.
- Insert new rollers: With new rollers in hand, line up the holes on the roller with those in the top and bottom of the door. Grab your screws and turn them back into place.
Why Choose Rockwell Security?
At Rockwell Security, we pride ourselves on excellent customer service and stellar design. We build our sliding door rollers with the finest materials and careful attention to detail in order to merge the best of functionality and visual appeal.
For more information on our products, rates, warranties and more, contact our team today!